Depending on where they are headed,
when my friends go on vacation,
I will ask them to bring me back a souvenir.
Kind of bold, huh?
don’t be too quick
to judge me…
I also have stipulations:
- they cannot spend money on it
- it needs to be something they find outdoors
- preferably something from nature
- if nothing ‘catches their eye’,
then bring back nothing
- and thank you for taking the time
to think of me on your travels
I have received some wonderful rocks over the years.
- two Happy Rocks from Gladstone, MI
- multi-mineral rock from the Dakota’s
- smuggled Yellowstone stone
- copper from Michigan’s Upper Peninsula
- monkey face shaped rock
- heart shaped stone
The best ever souvenir I received,
was from a hunter friend.
He went to Idaho, on a hunting trip.
He brought me a piece of wood,
found in the mountains.
I instantly fell in love with it.
photo by ren
front side image of wood
photo by ren
back side image of wood
Years ago, I kept it in a metal cup holder
and it hung on my dining room wall.
It nestled nicely within the hooks.
In appreciation of his imagination
I created this trophy image and
sent it to him.
photo and creation by ren
Mysterious Sawtooth Animal
Run down and captured, September 2006
By the Mighty White Hunter ~ Jim
Sawtooth Mountain Range
Frank/Church River of No Return Wilderness
It’s the little things in life,
that I love the most!